What you currently get is a small screen emulation like on a real phone device, not a tablet one.
You will need a google account to install PK from the android market place.
WARNING: Never log into PK with your account simultaneously on an emulator and a phone/tablet whatever.
1. Make sure you have the latest JAVA JRE installed.
2. Download the according Windows/MacOS/Linux x86 – Android SDK from:
3. Download a signed “system.img
” version 1.6 which allows you to use the Android Market Place on your emulator from either:
(You will only need the file system.img
for android version 1.6, see inside ZIP archives if necessary.)
4. Go to your desired install directory and unzip the SDK archive there.
5. Start the Android SDK in: tools/android (do this only once, as editing your device destroys the system image)
6. Create your android virtual device (avd):
Target: Android 1.6 API Level 4
SD-Card: Size 16MB (not really used)
Skin: Built-in WVGA800
Hardware: (leave everything default) – Abstracted LCD density 240
7. Now, copy the system.img
you downloaded before to:
“your home directory”/.android/avd/whatevernameyoulike.avd/
8. BEFORE YOU STARTUP !!!
Select “wipe user-data”
as a startup option.
9. NOW start, this will take some time, BE PATIENT.
10. The emulator will explain a few special keyboard shortcuts, so I do not explain them here.
11. Sign in into your google account, then configure the virtual phone as you like:
You will need location services, but GPS and some other stuff can be turned off to gain performance for the emulation.
12. Click on Market Place and search for “Parallel Kingdom”, download and install it.
13. Launch PK from your Apps, and enter your PK credentials.
REMINDER: LOG INTO YOUR PK-ACCOUNT FROM ONE DEVICE AT A TIME ONLY.
14. Restart the emulator later: tools/emulator -avd whatevernameyoulike
15. Don’t blame me, mail me or anyhow disturb me if it doesn’t work for you. I’m sorry for you.