Ordered a whole bunch of additional Makeblock components with a 50% discount at EXP Tech.
Now I have enough components to re-create my 3d printer in Makeblock parts. There should also be enough parts left to build a few more wheeled robots for my son, or even a plotter.
Today I upgraded my FreeNAS storage from 8.3.1 to 9.1.1 with all RAIDZ pools still alive, all new ZFS features available, no problems so far.
Further I printed lots of 90 degree makerbeam brackets, and uploaded all my design files to Thingiverse.
To put the robot head on top of the maker beam chassis I needed a quick and dirty solution, so I simply cut off a CD jewel case, and used the plate for mounting.
Unfortunately the material, some kind of polystyrol I guess, isn’t very robust, easily to be scratched and simple to break.
Back to the 3D printer and I quickly designed a new head servo mount plate:
Only a few days after the maker beam starter kit arrived and I screwed together the robot chassis, already a lot of connector parts are gone.
Especially the 90 degree corners and the 90 degree flat angles.
Instead of ordering the next batch, I decided to 3D print them later, but first the design files:
My son loves it.
Get yours at: www.makerbeam.eu